Design Engineer II – Future Pipe Industries
JOB PURPOSE: Own, lead and direct the Design, Qualification, Documentation, Technology Transfer and Application of the assigned product(s) line(s). Have an expert opinion in the Raw Materials and Manufacturing Processes used.
Lead, initiate, manage and execute Product Development projects which focus on the improvement of existing products, and the development of new products and / or product ranges for FPi.
- Generate, compile and maintain a set of documents and drawings covering the product range designs, qualifications, installation, quality control and applications.
- Manage and direct the maintenance, implementation and use of a set of internal Know-How documents covering the manufacturing process and raw material selection.
Non-standard Components design
- Provide the Sales & VETM / manufacturing units with design services for non-standard piping components and define the required qualification tests.
Product Qualification testing
- Ensure that the product is complying with the international standards and end users’ specifications.
- Define, initiate, manage the execute the required qualification tests.
- Generate & compile all the required tests for the Product Qualification, meeting both the internal and market / international standards.
Product Development projects
- Define product development projects to expand and / or enhance the product range.
- Plan, lead, manage and be responsible for the timely execution of Product Development projects, within their allocated budgets and time frame.
- Lead the introduction of the developed products within FPI.
- Prepare and distribute standard product range of the developed products to FPI companies in liaison with Product Director.
- Train relevant personnel on the new aspects of the developed products in terms of application engineering, design, manufacturing process, quality control, know-how documents, specifications and requirements to implement & support the developed product.
- Maintain effective & constructive liaison & communication with all stakeholders.
Development of new (or improvement of existing) “design basis”
- Develop / Improve design basis, scaling tools, test methods, processing techniques, production tools, material combinations, etc. to enable completion of the Product Development project.
Expert advice & Problem solving
- Provide upon request by the Technical & VETM any calculations / supporting documents showing the design integrity of the product(s).
- Attend meetings with clients, consultants or contractors upon request by the sales / VETM or operating units.
- Supply expert advice to Application Engineering and Marketing with regards to technical feasibility and design of piping components
- Provide advice for corrective actions for failures of installed pipe systems, or for failures during qualification testing.
SPAN OF Communication
Internal: Product Director; All internal departments: Production / QA/QC / Sales & Marketing / a variety of Technology personnel; Sales & VETM / manufacturing units.
External: Auditors (for design reviews), Material & equipment suppliers, third parties, clients / end-users and consultants.
Job relevant information (BOUNDARIES & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY)
Take Ownership of Product Development Projects, develop new ideas, give expert advice.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|