Nurse – AMANA
To respond to workers’ medical conditions including illness, injuries and emergencies. Maintains first aid and classic health care measures, records vital signs, informs his physician and transfers urgent cases to the recommended hospitals. To follow-up the recovery of patients from illness and surgical operations. To provide a continuous safe and effective health services within Amana Accommodations and project sites in line with local rules and regulations.
- Responds quickly to medical and surgical emergencies.
- Provides First Aid, immunizations and General Health care to Company workers.
- Prepares clinic or First Aid room and insures their cleanness and tidiness.
- Maintains and ensures the sterilization of the medical instruments and equipment.
- Monitors, records and reports symptoms of patients’ condition and keep the doctor adequately informed.
- Responsible to maintain and update medical records (health conditions, current medication, allergy information, etc…) of all employees of the respective sites to ensure that proper first aid is given at the time of any emergency.
- Records patient’s vital sign and medical information, assesses problems and evaluates the outcomes.
- Maintains medical reports and records for the workers he has treated in both physical and electronic files.
- Responsible for the administration of basic medications and patient care including diet and physical activities according to doctor’s recommendations.
- Prepares patients for doctor’s consultation and assists with examination and treatments.
- Checks the work area potential hazards and health issues and identifies workers’ potential health and safety problems and takes preventive health care measures.
- Provides accident records to the site and QHSE Manager on a regular basis.
- Provides useful instructions to workers and staff on topics such as health education, disease prevention and health improvement.
- Properly administers IV, IM, SC injections with IV fluids as advised by the doctor.
- Assists the doctor in the convalescence and rehabilitation of patients (post illness or injuries).
- Assists the doctor during the simple surgical procedures and skin sutures under local anesthesia.
- Directs and coordinates basic infection control program.
- Provides the patients with moral support and help ease their anxiety.
- Maintains and updates the inventory of the medical equipment and supplies and places orders for the purchase of new items.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of Occupational Health.
- Treats all patients equally without discrimination.
- Provides first aid training programs in camps as well as at work sites as and when needed.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Management.
|Job Location:||United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Construction & Building|