Sales Supervisor ( Van Sales ) – Arla Foods
Purpose is to implement departmental sales and distribution objectives set by the Area Sales Manager and to supervise the day-to-day sales operation in the assigned area in a responsible manner in accordance to set sales and collection targets, business plan and standards.
• Responsible for Retail Van Sales operation / sales staff in the assigned territory
• Responsible for Products distribution & achieving sales target in the assigned territory.
• Directly responsible for collection / reconciliation from company approved credit customers (make a weekly review with comments and deadlines).
• Responsible for taking care of the products shelf life as per Companies policy.
• Negotiate and finalize temporary / permanent display/ BDA agreements with selected customers and ensure that the best space allocation.
• Monitor daily activities of the salesmen and follow up on sales progress, collection status and accomplishments.
• Guide and support salesmen to achieve better results by allocating sales and collection targets by getting commitments from sales team (bottom-up approach)
• Take steps to improve distribution of products (100% listing in Supermarkets)
• Ensure proper implementation of sales campaigns / promotional activities and follow up on the promotion plan. (Trade and Consumer campaigns)
• Ensure the salesmen timely submission of reports.
• Ensure that salesmen are strictly following the Arla Procedures & Guidelines.
• Conduct regular meetings with Sales Manager on status of sales & Collections.
• Check / approve the entire sales order/ final invoice / GRV entered by Sales Rep / Storekeeper. Control Market Return (minimize to the agreed limit).
• Daily report problems and market observations to Sales Manager (Feedback)
• Make sure that Salesman is carrying Minimum stock in his sales truck.
• Control salesmen by checking the route operation report in HHT and follow up
• Take print out of GEV / Daily settlement form / Salesman’s total outstanding report from Middle-ware and hand over the same to Salesman.
• Check expiries, cash shortages on daily basis and ensure payments collection.
• Establish and maintain good rapport with all the credit customers.
• Travel with the sales team regularly, provide them back up whenever necessary.
• Ensure physical involvement in operation of route when staff shortages arise.
• Generate daily and monthly reports regarding the overall sales achievements and also competitor activities. (Assist ASM to prepare monthly progress report).
• Ensure proper implementation of Arla policy on financial and sales related matters.
• Organize Sales team vacation and replacement within his area.
• Make sure the use of Uniform and maintain a respectable outfit during working hours.
• Insure Sales trucks are well serviced / maintained. (Cleanliness, Service, accident report.)
• Carry out random audits on personal outstanding balances.
• Develop sales team working under his supervision.
• Perform any other jobs assigned by the Sales Manager
• Sales Targets are achieved on monthly basis in line with collection
• Keeping abreast of competitor activities and informing Area Sales Manager
• Identification of new business opportunities
• Route Re-Structuring
• Control on market investment (display budget, promotion allocation, listing fee etc.)
• Controlled Returns as per the set % Limit.
• Ensure smooth operations (all routes should be operational)
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|