Scrum Master – Marc Ellis Consulting
For each major business unit in the bank, Group IT deliver system solutions through new initiatives and provide specialized support to ensure smooth functioning of these solutions. ‘Running the Business’ and ‘Growing the Business’ are the two key objectives of business units that get supported by the IT domain.
‘Growing the Business’ comprises of ensuring quality in identification of appropriate and optimal IT solutions for the new business avenues, ensuring quality plans that will enable delivery within committed budgets of time and cost.
‘Running the Business’ is achieved by ensuring all services required to run the business are available as per the agreed service levels. This comprises of timely identification and resolution of incidents through the certified IT Governance model of incident and problem management and timely closure of service requests.
While performing both these functions, the IT domain will ensure all the functions of the domain are adequately supported and governed by the certified Group IT processes. 2. Job Purpose (Why does the job exist? What is the unique contribution made by the job holder?)
The Scrum Master is responsible for coaching and coordinating Agile Delivery Squads to deliver solutions as efficiently as possible.
At a team level, the scrum master is the central coordinator and fixer of all issues ensuring the Agile squad can deliver with minimal blockers. Although not able to fix all issues he will co-ordinate and own their resolution within the team.
The scrum master must support the Product Owner in refining and grooming the Product Backlog to a level which is acceptable for the delivery squad to estimate and deliver.
The Scrum Master will co-ordinate and plan all Scrum ceremonies and ensure the Agile processes are being followed. 3. Job Content (Describe the key results delivered by the job holder, how they are measured and the tasks performed to achieve the results?) Key Results Performance Measures Main Tasks
1. Agile Coaching & Team Development
• Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
• Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self- organization
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
• Excellent leadership skills and enjoys teaching / mentoring others
2. Agile Deliveries & Coordination
• Ability to work under pressure, manage client expectations effective and not get overwhelmed by client pressures on team
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information Excellent planner who can plan 2-3 steps ahead of the team and surface hidden risks 2-3 levels deep within the team
3. Business Management
• Establish strong relationships with stakeholders / product owners to understand strategic, tactical and operational challenges in Business units, define technology solutions to address and arrive solutions
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence senior client business and IT executives on transforming towards agile
4. Solution Design
• Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
• Ability to work at an abstract level and continuously ‘pivot’ to arrive at the highest impact answer for the client 4. Organisation Chart (Attach the unit’s org
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|