Sr Corporate Counsel, Labour & Employment – Amazon Development Centre (India) Private Limited
We are looking for a labor and employment lawyer with significant experience in the Middle East and Africa region to provide legal support for various Amazon businesses in countries in that region (e.g., United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, etc.).
You will be the primary point of contact in the Middle East and Africa region for our Human Resources teams and provide day-to-day employment law related advice to our management teams on a variety of employment matters. You will also work closely with our global employment law team based in Seattle, with other regional employment law teams, and with our specialist outside counsel.
You will work on a broad spectrum of employment related legal and regulatory issues, and related projects including:
• Supporting Amazon expansion into the region, including initial country due diligence work
• Drafting and implementing employment policies and employment agreements to address both Amazon requirements and country specific requirements
• Advising on strategic industrial relations matters, and where relevant collective bargaining, work councils, and employee organizations
• Advising on labor compliance issues in relation to employees and other workers and supply chain arrangements, including in relation to minimum terms and conditions
• Advising the business on other strategic matters, conducting training, and keeping them informed of recent developments and requirements
• Advising on performance management processes, investigations and disciplinary action
• Advising on terminations and other issues that may arise in employment relationships and handling and resolving related claims or proceedings, including pre-litigation disputes and claims
• Proactively planning, advising on and implementing programs and improvements to support and protect the business in areas such as workplace health and safety
• Developing and implementing other processes, procedures, tools and templates
This position will work actively with internal clients across the Middle East and Africa region, which requires broad connectivity with and availability to stakeholders. Given the seniority of this position and its scope, frequent travel to effectively support stakeholders and deliver results, will be required.
You will work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. You must be inquisitive, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. You will be expected to work independently while also contributing successfully to broader teams, including in close cooperation with the HR teams and stakeholders across the Middle East and Africa region.
The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, and cross-culturally, is essential.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|