Supply Chain Officer
1. Responsible for the all procurement activities by working with the Supply Chain Manager and the execution of the entire procurement cycle for all raw material, packing material, vehicle department supply and services.
2. Understand the end user requirements and their purchasing needs. Continuously analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability. Prepare bench marking data on category wise and price trend charts and monitor, analyze and control the status of all strategic items. Notify end users about changes or enhanced product options.
3. Define the sourcing strategy working with the Supply Chain Manager. Implement and monitor best practices considering the company’s policy and TCO.
4. Identify and develop suppliers/ vendors. Qualify new vendors/suppliers by sending specification/samples with the ultimate goal of creating a wide network to support the organization and to mitigate the risk of limited vendors/suppliers. Maintain the raw material sample register. Obtain feedback from the R&D/ Quality/Production about the products provided by the vendors/suppliers. Select new and maintain existing vendors/suppliers keeping in mind the objectives to reduce the process, product waste and running cost for raw material/packing items considering TCO.
5. Create the qualified vendor or block a supplier in SAP after the Supply Chain Manager’s approval. Establish key performance indicators (KPI) for new and existing suppliers. Assess and evaluate suppliers by inviting or visiting their sites, gathering information such as quality, price, delivery timing and performance (for existing vendors and suppliers). Monitor the performance of each vendor and supplier and prepare monthly report, outlining major non-conformance and take corrective actions.
6. Draft all contractual terms and agreements for major raw material purchases and project/services ensuring the company interests are protected.
7. Initiate the tendering process such as RFQ, RFP, RFI, etc for all raw material , packing material, vehicle department supply and services and analyze the bids obtained, negotiate and select the vendor/supplier providing the best terms and conditions to meet company needs while creating long-term partnerships.
8. Execute Initial Approval of the PO (purchase order) in SAP on a daily basis in accordance with the company’s policy.
9. Lead the demand/material planning. Develop effective material planning forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns. Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities. Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy. Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management. Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies. Conduct monthly forecast maintenance. Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner.
10. Familiar with SIOP process. Drive improved effectiveness of SIOP process through sharing of best practices and implementation of standards. Engage with and coach site teams to ensure proper actions are being taken to improve process results. Interact with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure material ordering visibility to forecast customer demand, noting early indicators and taking subsequent actions to resolve and restore schedule and cost, identify and analyze risks as necessary. Perform analyses of a qualitative and quantitative nature and make operational recommendations with regard to material planning, forecasting and inventory efficiencies.
11. Develop and report weekly/monthly KPI and BSC dashboard to report and review performance with the Supply Chain Manager. Prepare reports (e.g. budgeting and local/import procurement payment plan) by collecting, analyzing and summarizing performance and requirements information.
12. Prepare all audit related documentation and attend both external and internal audit. Follow up on any corrective and preventive audit findings as required.
13. Ensuring the recovery of advance payments from supplier by means of material supply/security cheque/bank guarantee to safeguard company resources jointly with COO, CFO and SCM
14. Ensure proper execution of procurement activities procurement team by monitoring material requirements planning (body and glaze material), payment planning & prioritizing the payment to suit the available resources,
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Purchasing and Procurement|
|Company Industry:||Manufacturing and Production|
|Monthly Salary:||US $4,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|